Thursday, March 31, 2011

Cake Tricks

© Kara Rosenlund

On a recent shoot I had the opportunity to work with some pretty serious foodies who opened my eyes to baking and how simple it can be. All you need are the right tools and a few tips and tricks.

One thing I didn't know about baking cakes was that those pretty shaped cake tins actually serve a purpose; I always thought those different shaped cake tins were just to keep home cooks entertained in the kitchen, "Should I bake a round one today... or a square one".... apparently not.

A Springform tin is best for fragile cakes, such as a mousse cake. Bundt tins are used for dense rich cakes; the hole in the centre allows the heat to penetrate from all sides, cooking the cake faster.

Fancy That!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails