Monday, June 28, 2010

The True Warmth of a Fireplace


My goodness, do I love a fireplace. I grew up with a fireplace, however I have never had one since, even with all my rented travels through apartments and houses, they have always escaped me. What I love about having a fireplace in winter is that it brings everyone out into a central spot. Quite primitive really; loved ones crowding around feeling the warmth and watching the flames of the fire while conversing. However what I probably love the most is that within this charmed little space is what I call the 'bones' of the house, the real depth; photographs, trinkets and collected bits and pieces, placed on the mantle and surroundings that are anonymous to anyone else, yet so loved by the people who lovingly place them there.

vR x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails