Thursday, February 24, 2011

Milkie White


One of my all time favourite things to do is to go treasure hunting in thrift shops. I do approach it like a sport and I do tend to take it a tad seriously apparently; there are rules, strict colour codes, objects of desire, route maps and there are even 'lucky charm' favourite car parks in each of my regular op shops to wish me luck upon embarking.

Just yesterday I came across a little handful/armful of delights; white vintage glazed china. I just can't get enough of it (as you can see from the above image); I love the crazing and the delicate unique creaminess of each piece.

A friendly fellow treasure hunter approached me to compliment my selection, she told me that if I wanted to strengthen the pieces to soak them in hot milk for a few hours.
I love ol' world kitchen tales

vR x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails