Friday, October 7, 2011

"A little bit of this, A little bit of that"

©Kara Rosenlund

Well, well, well... it has finally ARRIVED!

Yes, after all of the hints over the past couple of weeks I can finally share with you the book I worked on earlier in the year for Penguin Publishing. Styled by me and shot by Nikole Furnari, which will be available on the 31st of October.

'A little bit of this, A little bit of that' is the debut cook book from the Junior Masterchef winner Isabella and her twin sister Sofia, with their mother Sylvana and grandmother Nonna Rosa.

Best played out in the kitchen, the book captures their much loved family life in Brisbane through the language of food, love and laughter. Accompanied by touching personal stories, the girls share traditional Sicilian recipes have been past down from mother to daughter over the generations.

I absolutely loved working on this project. In amongst the devastating Queensland floods I would regularly visit the girls mother Sylvana for shoot prep. What would start off as a simple props appointment would turn into an all day expresso fuelled laughter marathon, with a delicious 'take home' bundle of Sicilian food!

If you are looking for that extra bit of inspiration in the kitchen or even that little bit of perspective in terms of family life, you will find it in this book... I guarantee.

I'll be sharing some of my favouite recipes in a couple of weeks!

K xx

Brisbane People!
Come along with me to the Merthyr Village in New Farm to meet the girls on Saturday the 29th of October from 1pm, where they will be signing their book and also judging the 'Cupcakes for a Cure' Competition! For our interstate friends you can find out when the girls will be coming to your neck of the woods here.

6 comments:

  1. Oh Kara, how fabulous! I can't wait to get a copy, I can already see your style coming through.
    See you at the book launch. Peter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Finally! It was such a pleasure to be a part of this journey with Kara. I've snuck a look inside and it is quite special. Timothy O

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Peter! Looking forward to seeing you there! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Timothy O! I'm sure you will be looking forward to cooking some of the delicious recipes... I had better warn our white kitchen that you will be cooking up a Sicilian Passata Storm! ....joking......kinda. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! I can't wait to get a copy - can I make the Sicilian Passata Storm too??? You are a superstar! xx (oops - so are the little masterchefs too! tee hee)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You bet Sally! Hope the set up today went well at the expo!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails